With limited supervision, the Manager of Corporate and Foundation Relations will oversee the administration and planning associated with securing financial support from corporate and foundation partners, tracking progress toward meeting organizational fundraising goals. Duties include monitoring grant deadlines, drafting proposals and reports, and conducting research on potential funders who are committed to historic preservation, museum programming and education.
The position requires a thorough understanding of donor management and the ability to manage relationships with internal staff as well as foundation and corporate contacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement strategies and activities designed to increase support from existing foundation or corporate funders and identify new potential foundation and corporate support.
- Manage information database of grant requirements; track contact between Drayton Hall and funders; track all foundation and corporate giving deadlines.
- Create institutional database of potential new support.
- Prepare foundation and corporate giving materials, including but not limited to proposals, letters of inquiry, grant reports, agreements, email, presentations, acknowledgment letters, and stewardship materials. This includes drafting original copy, editing copy, formatting, and printing.
- Research the giving interests of foundation and corporate funders, stay abreast of philanthropic trends and recent foundation and corporate giving, and identify new opportunities for funding that align with Drayton Hall programs and priorities.
- Assist program staff with their fundraising efforts, as appropriate.
- Liaise with program staff and Finance staff to monitor grant expectations and spending.
- Attend foundation meetings and events, cultivating relationships with current and prospective donors as appropriate.
- Prepare senior staff for meetings and phone calls with foundation or corporate staff. This includes research and writing briefings.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. required.
- Three to five years of foundation and corporate relations experience or comparable work with foundations and corporations, preferably within a not-for-profit setting.
- Experience writing grant proposals and reports.
- Experience reviewing budgets and financial reports.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and travel occasionally.
- Familiarity with 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) regulations.
- Knowledge of Altru development and CRM software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and work as a member of a team.
- Genuine belief in the mission of Drayton Hall.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may have exposure to moderate noise, crowds at functions or events, and at times variances in weather. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Department: Development
- Reports To: Director of Philanthropy
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Employment Status: Full-Time
The Drayton Hall Preservation Trust provides a competitive compensation and benefits package
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Drayton Hall Preservation Trust
ATTN: Steve Mount
3380 Ashley River Road
Charleston, SC 29414
or electronically at email@example.com.
The Drayton Hall Preservation Trust is an equal opportunity employer.